Author Topic: OK, I Like Anchovies. Is That So Wrong?  (Read 91379 times)

Offline Luxman

• View Profile
Re: OK, I Like Anchovies. Is That So Wrong?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 03:09:18 AM »
I love anchovies on pizza too!..also sardines and raw green pepper is one of my favorite meals.
I think I need to try sardines on pizza...
Got Light?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 03:11:29 AM »
I just now downed a tin of smoked oysters.  I just LOVE the "nasty" fish!  :rotflmao:

Offline AW

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 03:14:19 AM »
I like anchovies to go with rice  :tongue8: Love sushi too !

Offline Slick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 04:04:17 AM »
After seeing this "anchovie" thread every day for the last week, I picked up a couple of tins of the anchovy filets wrapped around capers....   MMMMmmmmmm great with a ice cold ale!
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Offline Braniac5

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2005, 05:19:28 AM »
I gotta admit, I hate anchovies on pizza, totally ruins the whole pizza for me.

I do like to eat rolled up anchovies with the caper in the middle on crackers though. And sometimes I eat the flat ones out of the can, but only when there's nothing better to eat.

I eat sushi all the time, and sashimi is one of my favorites. I can eat a boat for two easily.  And I like smoked oysters and clams too, either straight from the can with a toothpick or on crackers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 05:21:08 AM by Braniac5 »

Offline CY

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2005, 05:33:12 AM »
after reading this thread several times. I opened up a tin of anchovies soaked in olive oil.

only ate a tiny portion of anchovies with some hearty bread, really hit the spot!! mmmmmm

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2005, 05:43:58 AM »
after reading this thread several times. I opened up a tin of anchovies soaked in olive oil.

only ate a tiny portion of anchovies with some hearty bread, really hit the spot!! mmmmmm

Alright, CY!  A late night fiesta.  Don't get any of that oil on your keyboard.   :laughing3:

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2005, 06:34:42 AM »
"...tin of smoked oysters..." - AWL-riiiight! :thumbsup:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2005, 09:14:02 AM »
I just now downed a tin of smoked oysters.  I just LOVE the "nasty" fish!  :rotflmao:

:BangHead: :BangHead:

Stop reminding me of all the good stuff I haven't had since.. forever! I forsee a supermarket run all because of you! :icon_biggrin:  :happy1: :icescream:

Put those on crackers. Have some cream cheese, eat one cracker with cream cheese and the next with the oysters. Alternate between the two toppings. It's almost like a meal in and as of itself..
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2005, 12:58:40 PM »

:BangHead: :BangHead:

Stop reminding me of all the good stuff I haven't had since.. forever! I forsee a supermarket run all because of you! :icon_biggrin:  :happy1: :icescream:

Put those on crackers. Have some cream cheese, eat one cracker with cream cheese and the next with the oysters. Alternate between the two toppings. It's almost like a meal in and as of itself..

Yep, that's exactly what I did.  I used Ritz crackers but I usually use regular Krispy saltines, which is my favorite.  The saltier the better, none of this low sodium crap.  And I had a soft garlic cheese spread, along with some olive tampenade.  A cracker for each, then start the cycle over.  All the while reading MBF.  :thumbup:

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2005, 02:03:45 PM »
I love Anchoivies and Sushi as well. Try to get some fesh anchoivies some day. They're also salty but much less so than the canned variety. All I remember about them is having this amazing pizza on the Island of Capri back in the early 70's. It was a two step pizza ( Baked & fried) with fresh anchovies, garlic and itlaian eggplant and tons of basil. I haven't had a better pizza since. Sigh! :-[
*A hot tip for you guys that make your own pizzas from scratch. Anchoivies are not really supposed to be eated out of the can ( that's an Americano habit). You should really rinse them in some cold water to wash off the xcess salt off,and patting them dry before dousing them with some olive oil and then  laying them on the pizza.
Bon Appetito !

I ordered pizza tonight - anchovies.  The guy who took my order acted like I was the first guy who ever ordered 'em.  Nobody else in my family likes 'em.  But I love 'em.  Am I sick?   :laughing7:  I also love sushi, but, again, nobody else in my family likes it.   :rolleye:

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 07:13:54 AM »

Now ya got me thinking........been awhile since I had the pleasure of fresh oysters placed on a hot Weber BBQ grill till the shell POPs open just a crack, then opened the rest of the way...scooped out still hot and dipped in a Shoyu and Tabasco mixture. No better way to enjoy them than with a group of friends "Talking Stories".

Mmmmmmmmm!

Aloha

Offline zackhugh

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 07:39:19 AM »
Now ya got me thinking........been awhile since I had the pleasure of fresh oysters placed on a hot Weber BBQ grill till the shell POPs open just a crack, then opened the rest of the way...scooped out still hot and dipped in a Shoyu and Tabasco mixture. No better way to enjoy them than with a group of friends "Talking Stories".

Mmmmmmmmm!
Aloha

Now you're talking.  It's been a while since I had those too.  I used some of that Vietnamese hot sauce in place of tabasco, but basically the same idea.  Just pop open that hinge with a flathead screwdriver and slurp them oysters down and chase it with some beer.  :thumbup:

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2005, 07:59:36 AM »
Yeah, yeah!  Good idea for the next HAT get together! :blob9:
(and all MBF'ers are welcome to join us when visiting our sunny sandwich isles...) :sunny: :wave: :occasion14:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline zackhugh

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2005, 08:11:50 AM »
Of course, if a grill is fired up it'd be a crime not to cook up some steaks, medium rare, so the oysters don't get lonely.  Whoops, sorry Zen.  :-[