Author Topic: Andrewwynn's Space Cannon Raffle....ALL DONE  (Read 32430 times)

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
Andrewwynn's Space Cannon Raffle....ALL DONE
« on: August 04, 2005, 07:57:53 PM »
Have I got the raffle for you!..

It's the Space Cannon vH Delux

There is a comprehensive review HERE

Here is a Summary of the light:

5W LiON light exactly the size of the Maglite 2D but lighter since it has built-in LiON battery pack and charger.

It has 4 modes:
  • low (probably about 1/3 power)
  • high (full power)
  • blink (double blink two seconds for making something visible.. say a boat)
  • flash (defensive flash or 'get attention' flash.. 6 or 7 Hz full brightness)

The first three modes are cycled with a momentary switch press and the 4th is accessed from any state including off by holding the momentary switch down.. it returns to the previous state upon release... as a built-in lock-out against accidental activation it uses a clever 'mouse up' computer-controlled switching that makes it nearly impossible to accidentally activate and has the benefit of not using a mechanical switch to switch current.

The light really is beautiful.... I've measured about 3500 lux at one meter.. and it's only 'that dim' because the 'hot spot' is a really nice broad beam not just a pencil thin beam.. this does limit it's usable range but it's certainly over 150'.. I only am interested in letting it go because I think I can use it for a higher purpose.. supporting MBF and because my own light, the RT4 is 40mm shorter and outputs 3 1/2x the light it just doesn't get used much, mostly as a 'loaner'.

The light is a prototype, I don't think they ever mass produced it so it has a unique one-of-a-kind distinction which makes it a perfect light for a raffle like this.. I estimate the value if it was produced would be between $250 and $350.. it is quite a nice light.

I favor a raffle because it gives 'the little guy' and advantage vs. an auction or direct sale.. I'm not interested in the money from the proceeds of the raffle.. I have bigger goals for it, but the more that is generated the more successful that goal will be.

I have come up with a sneaky loophole to donate to MBF through this raffle.. if successful the raffle will be directly supporting MBF and it's members.

Because of the small user base of MBF I've determined that the best price for the tickets would be $7 in-case not many tickets are sold I won't loose out too badly (i.e. selling the light for 1/3 of it's value).

I hope that I can sell about 50 tickets, but 20 would be enough that I won't be sad... if somehow more successful than 50 sales it will all go 'toward the cause'.. since originally I was going to raffle off the light and give 110% of the sales to the cause... what I've come up with I think is even more generous.. I will release the details of my plan if the sales go well and before the close of the auction so people can make a decision if they want a ticket based on that plan.

The cutoff will be August 14, Central Standard Time or 60 tickets sold whichever comes first.

This is not an official MBF raffle.. just my own... and MBF hasn't set up a raffle Paypal account yet so tickets are bought directly from me... I will only use my cash or credit paypal account even though it costs more specifically to eliminate any possible confusion of ticket numbering.. the numbers will be based on the paypal time stamp.. and I will reply to each receipt with your ticket numbers so there is a papertrail.

The forum moderator will pick the winning number at random and will report the number to me and the master B to keep things up n up.

Tickets will be $7 each.. pay with this button:

Note: payment is with paypal.. but you do not need a paypal account to pay only a check card or credit card.

I have my fingers crossed that this will be a successful raffle... I hope to be able to reveal my 'plan' I think that you'll all like it and will be highly supportive of it once I can release the details... in any event.. it's completely unofficial but it's a direct support of MBF and the members of MBF if this raffle is successful.. I need at least 20 tickets sold to make that a reality so buy one or three (wink wink) and let's make the first MBF raffle a raging success.

I also have my fingers crossed for 'the little guy' because my favorite thing about a raffle is that somebody with a limited budget can get a killer light they'd never be able to afford and with the relatively low quantity of tickets the odds of winning are pretty high. Who doesn't like to cheer for the under dog? In spite of that.. it's also completely fair for the 'over dog' with a huge collection to want to have this unique light.. buy in if it interests you I want all the support i can generate for MBF.

Here is your chance to own an absolutely unique light... literally one-of-a-kind.. well.. they might have made a 'few' but this is a prototype not a production light and it's quite a nice light.. if I can source a clear glass lens before the raffle closes I will include it with the light, otherwise you can always get one from flashlightlens.com and do your first mod to your new killer light.

-awr
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 05:46:48 PM by BraddahBill »

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
Re: Andrewwynn's Space Cannon Raffle
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:44:24 PM »
whoo hoo...it's underway...  got the light in a trade.. but don't really have a use for it so.. hopefully my loss is your gain.. if you have any questions feel free to PM or ask in the thread? (Bill, is that the way to go? )

-awr

tickets so far:

1   Raggie
2   Archangel
3   Braddahbill for Raggie
4   Codeman
5   Raggie
6   vontech
7   Indenial
8   Nikola Tesla
9   MR Bulk
10   lightstream
11   Raggie
12   Loalight
13   FRANKVZ
14   jeffb
15   jeffb
16   Raggie
17   Geologist
18   bwaites
19   Raggie.
20   DavidR
21   DavidR
22   SolarFlare
23   SolarFlare

Thanks everybody spread the word around.

looks like i missed one when i was  getting the data from my emails.. the ticket order is based on paypal date, sorry about my initial oops, no hard feelings if #10 is the winner i hope.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 05:12:22 AM by andrewwynn »
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 08:49:30 PM »
 :ppsent:

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 11:12:26 AM »
Andrew,

Please give my number to Raggie, since I know I can't win.

:hello:
Raggie

Aloha,
Bill

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 12:08:11 PM »
Andrew,

Please give my number to Raggie, since I know I can't win.

:hello:
Raggie

Aloha,
Bill

Bill, that's hilarious.  I, too, donated my ticket to Raggie.  So I guess Raggie will have tickets #1 and #2.   :toothy9:

Codeman

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 12:16:12 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:26:20 PM by Codeman »

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 12:33:16 PM »

Since third time's the charm, please give mine to Raggie as well!

That's too funny.  Now Raggie will have the first three tickets in the raffle.  We're gonna have to change the name to the Raggie Raffle.  :rotflmao:

Offline indenial

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 03:13:50 PM »
 :ppsent: x Two!  One for Raggie, the other for moi.  Yeah, I do feel guilty competing against Raggie!   :(   But it's all for a worthy cause, right?  :thumbup:

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 04:01:34 PM »
Indenial, you have every right to buy a ticket for yourself...and for Raggie.  Wow, Raggie now has four entries and he probably doesn't even know about it.   :rotflmao: 

Offline raggie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 04:07:47 PM »
wow thats is to nice of ya all.i didnt even know about the contest much less know i had ticekts lol.i found a turtle today but lety him go. he l,ooked to be box turtle i dont think they swim  hope he knows to stay outa road .people drive to fast .if i find him again ill take a few picss

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 06:27:38 PM »
7 tickets so far.. i was a little bit bummed when late last night i only had two tix but when i woke up this morning and there were 5 more that was pretty cool.. i did laugh as i read the notes with the payments and several were for Raggie.. i think you have some good friends Rag.

Somebody sent me a pdf for the light.. i'll go find it.. you can check out website

They are 'the people' who made the memorial in lights at the site of the WTC.. they use bulbs almost identical to the one i'll be using in the RT3000.. they just used 5000W bulbs vs the 3000 I have.

Their own PDF datasheet is HERE

Tell your friends.

Codeman

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:24:27 PM by Codeman »

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 11:06:40 PM »
i will do a lot of shining in the sky, and it will be awesome.. should be able to see the beam from miles away.

-awr

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 02:31:20 AM »

Bill, that's hilarious.  I, too, donated my ticket to Raggie.  So I guess Raggie will have tickets #1 and #2.   :toothy9:

Troy, now why does it not surprise me that you would be the first one to do that.......yep,hilarious.....but a hell of a nice thing to do. :thumbup:

Take Care.......

Bill

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 03:56:59 AM »

Troy, now why does it not surprise me that you would be the first one to do that.......yep,hilarious.....but a hell of a nice thing to do. :thumbup:

Take Care.......

Bill

Likewise, Bill.  We've got a lot of great people on this forum.  Couldn't be a better place to hang out.   ;) :thumbup: