Flashlight Forums
October 24, 2014, 01:15:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See which Flashaholics live near YOU!  Member Map

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XeRay 35 & 50 watt Searchlights  (Read 14911 times)
arewethereyetdad
Flashaholic

2008 National Champions

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

Welcome Light.  Don't worry: "Flashlight" is here.  Can't believe you just now found us.  We've been around for over a year.
Geologist
Flashaholic

Send me all your lights!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »

Welcome to the party Light!  We would love to hear more about your XeRay light - even some pictures!

Did I just say "party light"?  Wink

Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?
Light

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 06:03:09 AM »

Well I don't have any pictures that have not already shown its features in the CPF shootout, or at Dan's retail website.  It was his first released version from the group buy, and I can't stand using my X990 anymore since it is so much weaker in output.  I'm mainly just reporting that after using this about 4-5 times a week in all outdoor conditions over the last 7-8 months, it works perfectly.  It has been through a dozen rainstorms without any problems.  I did add some Nyogel to all the seals when I first got it.  I have dropped it at least 10 times while climbing up on rocks, and other than the minor scrapes, it never stopped running.  One fall was down the side of a hill about 50 feet when some rocks broke loose before it came to rest...still shining out for me to get it.
toolboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »

I just signed on this forum for the first time but have monitored the site for the last 2 months or so. I have been a member of the candlepower for alot longer and have a xeray 75.  I must admit that your forum suffers from the loss of Dan at Xevision. He is very concerned about the quality of his products and his customer service. I regret that some members may have felt he was pointing out faults in competitors products or pushing his products.  Dan backs up his american sourced products with quick customer service. I have some pictures of the barnburner in action but will be unable to post them for a while. The only sad thing about the barnburner is that is not currently available for sale for people who missed out on the group buy.  Since my puchase, all other lights just sit on the shelf. I hope Dan will reconsider posting here so your members can share in his knowledge on the subject of HID's.
tdurand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 06:57:29 PM »

toolboy-
I'm happy to speak up for Dan as he is a member here (aka as D1S) and his last activity was today. He's present and accounted for!

Glad you like the bb. I have one too and it lights up the night real good! Let's see those pics!

Welcome to the ff-f
T
Geologist
Flashaholic

Send me all your lights!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 11:25:27 PM »

I just signed on this forum for the first time but have monitored the site for the last 2 months or so. I have been a member of the candlepower for alot longer and have a xeray 75.  I must admit that your forum suffers from the loss of Dan at Xevision. He is very concerned about the quality of his products and his customer service. I regret that some members may have felt he was pointing out faults in competitors products or pushing his products.  Dan backs up his american sourced products with quick customer service. I have some pictures of the barnburner in action but will be unable to post them for a while. The only sad thing about the barnburner is that is not currently available for sale for people who missed out on the group buy.  Since my puchase, all other lights just sit on the shelf. I hope Dan will reconsider posting here so your members can share in his knowledge on the subject of HID's.

Just a reminder - no one has ever been bashing the XeRay - by all accounts from the owners, it is a fine product.  Dan was offered to speak more about his products, even I started a thread to encourage discussion about the units.  Dan imposed his own "ban", but regularly still checks in here.   Instead of restating everything, I will repeat my last post about the issue:

Dan,

perhaps you got off on the wrong foot - knowledge is good - but sometimes the way you convey it gets under a few people's skin - especially in the thread about the Rayzors, you are seen as the "competition" and so even more than would be normal you might do better to tread a bit more lightly or diplomatically.....

In no other field have I witnesses such extreme controversial threads as in the HID sections - perhaps this is good, as many of us are new to the area - but when different representatives of different financial entities start publically trying to criticize each other, then a lot of people stop listening to the "valued content" and key in on the emotions - whether perceived or real.

Dan, I don't own any of your lights, but they look cool and from what I have read, they seem to be some awesome lights.  I actually would like to hear more about that stuff XeRay is working on, the lights, the tests, how they perform, etc.  I think in that fashion, people would learn a lot more about the information you have to share- bulbs, ballasts, batteries, etc, and then we are ALL in a better position to judge the various products for ourselves and perhaps learned something from you in the process

I would not call my "feedback" postive or negative - all constuctive input is valued here at F-F.

Dan is more than welcome to post here, but it is HIS decision to do so.

Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?
windstrings

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 04:07:28 PM »

Ok Toolboy and tdurand... if you had it to do all over again.. would you still get the 75 watt version at the loss of 30 min runtime or would you take the 50 watter and have 95 mins runtime?

Have you ever played with it long enough that the battery actually ran down and wished you had more?

The Second Mouse gets the cheese
PoliceScannerMan
Moderator BatMan
Flashaholic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:15 PM »

I have ran my 50W down several times puting up ceiling fans where the power has to be out.  It makes a great work light, lights up the whole damn room!

Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd™".
-PSM
Geologist
Flashaholic

Send me all your lights!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 10:49:10 PM »

Yeah - HIDs make great worklights - I use my ACRO with the tilting head all the time - really lights up a work area!

Lips
Flashaholic

Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 04:09:32 AM »

Geo

The Xeray will put a smile upon your face, ear to ear. I have something up my sleeves so I'll save it for you. Shipping to Germany is on you!

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0
Geologist
Flashaholic

Send me all your lights!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 11:14:41 AM »

headbang  sounds like a plan - I gotta send ya some $$ anyway for the other shipment!

popcorn

regentag
Flashaholic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 08:51:20 PM »

What's the word on the 75-watter?

///rā'gən·täg
Geologist
Flashaholic

Send me all your lights!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 02:21:18 AM »

BTTT!

popcorn

Lips
Flashaholic

Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:13 PM »

Heads-up on Strap Failure (ymmv)

I’ve been going out after work using some of my favorite spot-lights to watch a heard of deer in a nearby subdivision being built. The deer don’t run away too fast but they are not too fond of the bright lights. Pretty fun to use the spot-lights at live moving subjects…

This is a pic of two laying down in a rain storm

Fuzzy photo of a large heard crossing the road.

iascotpfd

Nice rear view of the Xeray Beam. There's deer behind those trees!

It was raining out on one of the expeditions so I was spotting through the open window. I reached back and put the Xeray on the back seat of my SUV. Got home less than a mile from the deer and started grabbing lights. Grabbed the handle of the Xeray 50 and slung the strap over my shoulder. The Xeray went straight down and landed on the concrete, SOB!  I got pretty lucky having only 5 new small character marks with the back sling-hole taking the brunt of the fall. I really like to use the straps with these spot-lights so some care needs to be taken with this strap as this was a real-word accident. First thing I did was to turn the light on and it worked fine with the bulb still in alignment.    Thumb Up

This is the position the clasp will fail at on my unit. Simply pull straight up with the strap and clasp pops open and releases (clasp will go back into place). Both my clasp will fail on the rear hole almost every time on my rear eyelet only when in the pictured position…

Simple fix is to put a little tape on the clasps to seal them shut. It can happen so an ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of cure… The Xeray (Zeray) is a SUPER light so don’t get any unwanted scratches on her!

Cheers

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0
NAW

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 09:40:22 PM »

Aww, no comparisons with the Rayzors?

Well thats ok, I know its not a fair match anyway.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: