Author Topic: Anyone try a U bin in Chameleon, yet.  (Read 14832 times)

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
Re: Anyone try a U bin in Chameleon, yet.
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »
Here is a couple of pics of how I check it and what it is reading now. Don`t look at the LED when you turn it on of course!  8)

I used my other Chameleon with the TX0H emitter for the first pic since I am was running my UX0J Chameleon to see if the vf will come down more.

The UX0J is down to 3.24volts on table 3 high now after running two bateries through it. My TX0H reads 3.17 volts at the same setting.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:20:37 PM by Kenster »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 10:54:41 PM »
But wouldn't the voltage drop as the battery weakens on a nonChammie light?  Or we only talking about the Chammie?
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 11:13:32 PM »
But wouldn't the voltage drop as the battery weakens on a nonChammie light?  Or we only talking about the Chammie?

In a direct drive light like a LionCub yes the vf would go down as the battery weakens and the light dims. I still love my Cubbies anyway. :-[

Offline fore

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 12:03:50 AM »
Thanks for the pics, Ken.  Looking forward to table 4.  :thumbup: 
that rug really tied the room together...

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 12:11:24 AM »
Kenster, would you please measure lux on 4/5.  Are you using an LM631 Meterman?  I am thinking that immprovements with U bin should be higher, and closer to 20%.

Bill

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 01:23:10 AM »
Kenster, would you please measure lux on 4/5.  Are you using an LM631 Meterman?  I am thinking that immprovements with U bin should be higher, and closer to 20%.

Bill

That is the light meter I have. After I finish running one or two more battery through it I`ll give it a try. I`d like to see the vf go down a little more since it will be a little higher when I go to 4/5. The TX0H jumps up to 3.28volts at 4/5 from 3.17volts at 3/5. Don`t want to chance frying the board just yet. I am not sure how much is to much before that happens. I am only a little above my TX0H for the vf right now so I have a pretty good UX0J I picked. Looks like a lottery winner so far with its low readings to me. :thumbup:  

This is a lot of fun but I am also just having fun doing it too.  :P  I haven`t used a light meter much but I am trying to be equal in distance for comparisons. I know meters can vary on the Lux readings as well.

Offline tonyd

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 01:35:32 AM »
Kenster, I feel bad letting you go this alone. I am computer challenged having received my PhD (ChE) in 1980, and have yet to figure out pic posting- although still don't own a digital camera. But the chammy will handle 4 and 5 fine with the UXXJ.
Thanks for carrying the ball. :thumbup:

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 01:46:30 AM »
Kenster, I feel bad letting you go this alone. I am computer challenged having received my PhD (ChE) in 1980, and have yet to figure out pic posting- although still don't own a digital camera. But the chammy will handle 4 and 5 fine with the UXXJ.
Thanks for carrying the ball. :thumbup:

I recently learned how to post pics myself but I`m on dial up so pics are fun to upload. :rolleye:

Did you take any voltage readings on your U bin? I may be low enough to go ahead and try a higher level if yours were similiar or higher than what I am reading right now.

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 04:35:30 AM »
I am computer challenged having received my PhD (ChE) in 1980, a

whoa, a year before i was born! :D
nemul

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 07:12:23 AM »
I went to level 4/5 and reading 3.33volts vf at this current setting and MeterMan reads 169 at x10 lux setting now (3 feet roughly)  with the UX0J. :dontknow: Hey it still works with no magic smoke anyway. :thumbup:

nemul, look at my avatar and you will see what an old dog I am!  :tongue2: 1980 a year before you were born?  :pottytrain1: You kids now a days! :sad1:  Oh and the rotating avatar of yours...............VERY FUNNY YOUNG GUY! :protest:  YES I WAS LOOKING TOO LONG AND FOUND OUT THE  :sad2: WAY!!!!!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 07:32:49 AM by Kenster »

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 09:14:37 PM »
Pretty sure something is wrong, Kenster.  My LM631 is reading 301x10 at 4/5, original T--H star.  I have had others tell me that my Meterman is reading low.  This after receiving back mods to some of my lights, their readings and my readings.  Differences in LM631, sure, but not that much difference, and your's with a U bin.  Mine done at a meter.  :dontknow:

Which head are you using on Cammie?

Bill
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:21:25 PM by Bullzeyebill »

Offline tonyd

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 11:49:30 PM »
Speaking of old dogs, I date women younger than Nemul- although not for long as I'm feeling the miles now. At any rate as soon as I get back to my light I will give you some readings Kenster. I think you should be seeing much better, your voltages seem reasonable and should be producing more light.

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 12:37:55 AM »
Pretty sure something is wrong, Kenster.  My LM631 is reading 301x10 at 4/5, original T--H star.  I have had others tell me that my Meterman is reading low.  This after receiving back mods to some of my lights, their readings and my readings.  Differences in LM631, sure, but not that much difference, and your's with a U bin.  Mine done at a meter.  :dontknow:

Which head are you using on Cammie?

Bill

I am using the slimhead at 3 feet. Maybe my meter just reads unusually low. I do read an increase for the U bin over the T bin as I posted. I am not that familiar with light meters. Maybe I could try some new batteries in it? I have left it on many times on accident. :-[  Hey, if no light comes out of the thing it isn`t on to me! :dontknow:  :laughing8:

EDIT: I know, I know you are not using the slimhead. Tighter beam higher reading with the 27mm reflector.  :P I`m still learning here.  :icon_shaking:

With UX0J, standard head level4/5 at 3 feet I am reading 358 on X10. TX0H is reading 305 at same settings. Man, The standard head and reflector really tightens the beam!  :thumbup:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 12:58:25 AM by Kenster »

Offline fore

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 01:32:59 AM »
Nice, what do you get with the slimhead on 4/5? 

I like the standard reflector too.  :thumbup:
that rug really tied the room together...

EricMack

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 01:36:26 AM »
Speaking of old dogs, I date women younger than Nemul

Isn't that illegal here in Ohio?

:rotflmao: