Author Topic: mint arc aa and leather pouch for sale 50 bucks !SOLD TO TROY!  (Read 9645 times)

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: mint arc aa and leather pouch for sale 50 bucks !SOLD TO TROY!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 03:49:22 AM »
Raggie, the Arc AA and leather pouch arrived today.  They're great!  Thanks for a perfect transaction.   :thumbup:

BC0311

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 01:04:55 PM »
Troy, I think your Arc AA and the Ron Ryder leather "Cutter Case" were the first prize in that giveaway contest that almost crashed CPF back a few months.  Diggdug13 helped me with that one.  The winning number for 1st prize was one of the last 2 or 3 numbers picked and Raggie nailed it. 

I received my new Arc AAA-P via FedEx yesterday and am very impressed.  It has all the exquisite attention to detail of the previous versions and is much brighter with the same runtime (80% brighter, I read).  It's brighter than the Arc AAs, Ultra-Gs, and CMG Infinity Ultras I have,  even when I'm running it on a 1.2v AAA NiMh that has been sitting around for 3 months since its charge.

But the output of the old versions is plenty for me and what I use these lights for. 

You guys are right, there were far more AAAs made than AAs. 

I've read somewhere that there may be a new AA version coming out around December '05.   :thumbup:

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 03:27:26 PM »
Troy, I think your Arc AA and the Ron Ryder leather "Cutter Case" were the first prize in that giveaway contest that almost crashed CPF back a few months.  Diggdug13 helped me with that one.  The winning number for 1st prize was one of the last 2 or 3 numbers picked and Raggie nailed it. 

I received my new Arc AAA-P via FedEx yesterday and am very impressed.  It has all the exquisite attention to detail of the previous versions and is much brighter with the same runtime (80% brighter, I read).  It's brighter than the Arc AAs, Ultra-Gs, and CMG Infinity Ultras I have,  even when I'm running it on a 1.2v AAA NiMh that has been sitting around for 3 months since its charge.

But the output of the old versions is plenty for me and what I use these lights for. 

You guys are right, there were far more AAAs made than AAs. 

I've read somewhere that there may be a new AA version coming out around December '05.   :thumbup:

Britt, I thought that light looked familiar!  So did the leather Ron Ryder sleeve.  Well, guess it's come full circle.  Thanks for the heads up.  I think the new Arc lights sound great.  I'll probably wait for the AA version, as the AAA sizes never tripped my trigger.  Catch ya later.  Troy  :thumbup:

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 04:03:50 PM »
Simply amazing - what goes around really does come around!

If I'm not wrong that light's history is that AWTYD was first owner, sold to Britt, won by Raggie, sold back to AWTYD?

Man some of these lights have more history than some folks.. :)
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 04:19:46 PM »
if that's true that's hilarious.

-awr
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

BC0311

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 05:06:37 PM »
That's true, Kevin.  I forgot I got that one from Troy!   :o

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 01:54:54 AM »
Yes, it's all entirely true.  I distinctly remember the lighter shade of HA.  Just wish I could remember this little guy's great-great-great grandfather.  I initially bought it from some kind CPFer.   :laughing9:

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 02:13:47 AM »
if you liked the other one's color better we could maybe trade.. i'm not too particular about color, but the one i bought was brand-spankin' new so i might care about wear.

-awr

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 02:43:14 AM »
if you liked the other one's color better we could maybe trade.. i'm not too particular about color, but the one i bought was brand-spankin' new so i might care about wear.

-awr

Andrew, yeah, I'd love to swap this one out with the one I sold you.  The one I sold you was darker.  This one is brand spankin' new and perfect.  Wow, the revolving door of the Arc AA.  :D

Offline raggie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 06:28:49 AM »
hey glad ya got the light i miss it a lot though i took so good care of it i love aa baterys  the best i won it  from my freind i just needed the money i  am always scared when i sell something it wont arive  in good shape i wrapoed the light up good i meant to add babbery  but i  got it all in package and then saw battery  sitting there well anyways glad u like it

Offline raggie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 06:31:09 AM »
holly molly i just  reread post  this light used to belong to u troy?rofl ty for makeing me smile  thats so weird u should tell light welcome home :)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »
Hey Ragzz,

Just like Karma, that little Arc AA went "full circle"!
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 02:10:48 AM »
Yep, that little light is stayin' right here this time.   :laughing8:

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
That's one very interesting light.. treasure it!

It's the light that's made raggie smile, made a lot of CPF smile, inspired an avalanche during the raffle, drove a number of admins raving mad, locked up the board for an hour, almost got Britt CUT OFF!! from CPF, made me write software for Britt's next raffle, travelled full circle between CPF members and came back to its original owner. For such a humble illumination tool, it sure wields an incredible amount of influence in the world!  :whip2:

That Arc needs to be put up in the trophy case with its chronology for all to see :D
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 04:42:54 PM »
that light really 'gets around'.. i think i'm going to trade troy for the one he just sold me.. he likes the 'darker' ones and i don't care either way.

-awr