Author Topic: 99 to go...........  (Read 14563 times)

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
99 to go...........
« on: March 18, 2006, 08:55:09 PM »
99 more to go till we hit 1000 members.......... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bill

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: 99 to go...........
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 01:05:49 AM »
whoo hoo!  :D

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:02:11 PM »
Now 98.  When will the big 1000 hit?  My guess is first week of April.

Offline Pydpiper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:17:49 PM »
A rapidly growing chunk of information indeed! :)

But.. Some of the recent new members are not what they seem, it looks like someone has takin it upon themselves to replicate screen names of other people, so that member list may not be all it appears.. :(

It's a great start though, growth is a good thing, if it is there for the right reasons. :thumbup:

Offline chimo

• Stop! Think! Post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »
A rapidly growing chunk of information indeed! :)

But.. Some of the recent new members are not what they seem, it looks like someone has takin it upon themselves to replicate screen names of other people, so that member list may not be all it appears.. :(

It's a great start though, growth is a good thing, if it is there for the right reasons. :thumbup:

I have to agree with Pydpiper.  A celebration may be premature.

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 01:03:08 AM »
Nah.  I disagree.  Celebrate away!  We'll be at 1000 regardless.   8) :occasion16: :occasion17: :occasion18: :wav:

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 02:05:41 AM »

But.. Some of the recent new members are not what they seem, it looks like someone has taking it upon themselves to replicate screen names of other people, so that member list may not be all it appears.. :(

Granted.........I know of only 1 case.......are there more, or is this your *opinion* of what *may* be happening?

Bill

Offline Beamhead

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »

But.. Some of the recent new members are not what they seem, it looks like someone has taking it upon themselves to replicate screen names of other people, so that member list may not be all it appears.. :(

Granted.........I know of only 1 case.......are there more, or is this your *opinion* of what *may* be happening?

Bill

There is one other that has confirmed their user name is being used here by someone else. Not my *opinion* but *fact*.
The thing I find most puzzling is that one of them has made private contact with FF regarding this and nothing was done nor even a response given. :dontknow:

Offline fore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:38:46 AM »

Bill

There is one other that has confirmed their user name is being used here by someone else. Not my *opinion* but *fact*.
The thing I find most puzzling is that one of them has made private contact with FF regarding this and nothing was done nor even a response given. :dontknow:

There's one user that I'm aware of with this issue, this was the user who contacted FF regarding the situation.

Said user asked for IP info on whomever had chosen his username after he unregistered so he could conduct his own investigation as to the person's identity.  Is that what we should do Beamhead?

Here's my personal opinion on the matter: 

My feeling is that the staff here on the forum is here to protect the forum and the membership of the forum.  That means we don't give out information on our registered users to third parties without a very good reason, e.g. a court order.  If your friend would like to reregister and pm whoever chose his username, he's free to do so.  Or perhaps you could try pming the user for your friend.  Short of that person deciding to drop the username on their own, I don't see a happy resolution for you.  This is an unfortunate situation, but also a common one on the internet. 

In other words, reserve that "sexmachine" handle while you can guys....96 to go ;)
that rug really tied the room together...

Offline chimo

• Stop! Think! Post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:06:23 PM »
What I don't understand here is what would be the point of celebrating the 1000th member when you know that some of them are made up.  I went through the membership list up to the Ks and it appears that 30-40% of the membership have zero posts.  The fact that at least two members are "fake" draws suspicion on some of those 300-400 "zero" posters.  my $0.02

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:24:41 PM »
What I don't understand here is what would be the point of celebrating the 1000th member when you know that some of them are made up.  I went through the membership list up to the Ks and it appears that 30-40% of the membership have zero posts.  The fact that at least two members are "fake" draws suspicion on some of those 300-400 "zero" posters.  my $0.02

Having a % of membership with 0 post is a nature of forums. Large forums have thousands of 0 posters and inactive members as well as double members. What's more noticeable/pertinent are the members that say have 19 post and 18 of them are negative, more-so than the zero posters...
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 01:53:41 PM »

Who cares?  It's still 1000 members, whether they've posted or not.  Like Lips said, large forums have huge percentages of non-posters, too.  Again, who cares?.  What's wrong with enjoying the moment?  I'm game!  And it's a big milestone, regardless.  Can't quite understand why it would make sense to celebrate at 1,013 or 1,026 (or whatever number somebody determines it's no longer premature to celebrate).  Celebrate away I say!

Offline chimo

• Stop! Think! Post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
Let me start by saying, that I don't really care enough about this topic to get very emotional about it.  Just stating some observations.

Who cares?  It's still 1000 members, whether they've posted or not. 

Apparently, some do care or this dialog would not be taking place.  As well, if there exists presence of some non-posting fake members, it sews doubt about about some of the others.

Like Lips said, large forums have huge percentages of non-posters, too.

I agree, there are large percentages of non-posters in other boards.  Consider that often this is due to a board being up a long time and people have moved on and left accounts open.

Celebrate away I say!

Please enjoy the celebration.  My $0.01 (now I'm out of change)

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »
Let me start by saying, that I don't really care enough about this topic to get very emotional about it.  Just stating some observations.

Who cares?  It's still 1000 members, whether they've posted or not. 

Apparently, some do care or this dialog would not be taking place.  As well, if there exists presence of some non-posting fake members, it sews doubt about about some of the others.

Like Lips said, large forums have huge percentages of non-posters, too.

I agree, there are large percentages of non-posters in other boards.  Consider that often this is due to a board being up a long time and people have moved on and left accounts open.

Celebrate away I say!

Please enjoy the celebration.  My $0.01 (now I'm out of change)

Wow, that took a lot of work breaking out all those quotes!  Sounds like there's at least one who really does care about this matter.  :D  Yep, we're gonna celebrate at number 1,000 and you're invited to the party, whether you're out of cents or not.   :laughing7: :occasion18:

Offline chimo

• Stop! Think! Post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 02:49:01 PM »
Found a few more pennies. 

Wow, that took a lot of work breaking out all those quotes! 

It was really easy.  I just hit the quote response button, copied the quote, pasted it a couple of times and deleted the parts I was not responding to.  It takes less time than waiting for smilies to load and it makes teh response easier to read.  :D

I really don't care that much - I'm off work this week and have some time on my hands (I'm also putting off insulating the basement).