Author Topic: Titanium Chameleon Raffle....ALL DONE  (Read 44458 times)

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Chameleon Raffle
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 10:47:35 PM »
Troy *does* have a good point - the rumors of my participation have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm out of this one.

To the lucky winner - drop me a PM, won't you?

Good luck!
///rā'gən·täg

Offline loalight

• sweet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 12:00:15 AM »
paypal sent!
•  Ti LC UW0K  •  HA3 Nat LH #001 UW0K  •  LT  • Draco •

Offline Somy Nex

• View Profile
    • Beamshots
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 12:53:08 AM »
PP sent for a few tickets  :P
Macdonaldus Senex fundum habuit. E-I-E-I-O. Et in hot fundo nonnullas boves domesticas habuit. E-I-E-I-O. Cum moo moo hic, et cum moo moo ibi. Hic una moo, ibi una moo, ubique una moo moo. Macdonaldus Senex fundum habuit. E-I-E-I-O

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 01:21:56 AM »
Troy *does* have a good point - the rumors of my participation have been greatly exaggerated.

I'm out of this one.

Good luck!

:naughty:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Flashman

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 02:46:28 AM »
I am in for a couple of tickets.  Paypal sent.

Offline SteelLover

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 03:16:46 AM »
Thank you for the oppurtunity - that Ti Chamei is so sweet :)

Payment coming for 3 tickets :) 3 may be a lucky number :)
E1E, HDS ULT60XRGT

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 03:30:03 AM »
:headbang:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 03:47:07 AM »

I'm out of this one.

Good luck!

regentag, if you haven't manage to entice any of the current Ti chammie owners to part with theirs, I don't see why you can't buy a 'couple' of tickets...

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 04:34:47 AM »
regentag, if you haven't manage to entice any of the current Ti chammie owners to part with theirs, I don't see why you can't buy a 'couple' of tickets...

ditto
nemul

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 06:15:11 AM »
Well, It's not that I'm lacking in team spirit or anything, really.

But... as a rule - not a real hard and fast one, just kind of a feeling - I don't participate in raffles/lotteries/bingo etc., excepting those that benefit a charity.  Even in those cases, I like to know my odds going in (as in a state-run lottery or a dice game), or at least prior to the drawing (in this case, that equates to how many tickets were sold). 

To that extent, if the seller could be persuaded to contribute a portion (?) of the net profits (that is, monies collected in excess of his investment in the prizes, administrative overhead and fees, if any) to a charitable organization, or some such worthy cause... I'd be happy to toss some money in the hat.  Of course, that may be entirely out of sync with the seller's motives in raffling it off in the first place - I don't know. 

The majority of the "pay raffles" (i.e. those that are not free) on special-interest websites such as this one that I've seen include such a charity clause.  I cannot dictate the actions of others, nor do I write or enforce the laws of the land... but ethically, I find a charitable "angle" far more palatable, personally.  In addition, there may be some statutory (legal) requirements related to administering and engaging in this type of activity as well, which would be very motivational to the sellers/site owners, explaining why there is frequently such a "charity clause".  I'm not sure on the latter (I'm not a lawyer), but there probably is some connection there.

So there you have it, in a nutshell - Regentag's take on rasffles.  You didn't really ask for it, but all the chatter sort of forced my hand (hey - a gambling metaphor - how appropriate!)  I really didn't want to be a "buzz-killer" to all of you that feel differently, so I decided to just keep quiet and sit it out, with the intention of offering the new owner an opportunity to parlay his $5 or $10 'investment' into something larger.

But nooooooooo!  "Your words are a whisper, my silence a shout" (Paraphrasing Tull)... So there you have it.  Again, these are just my personal feelings on this topic - I'm not preaching, nor do I wish to rain on anyone's parade.

Good luck to all!

///rā'gən·täg

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 06:35:02 AM »
I really didn't want to be a "buzz-killer"

great! i'm going home, and i'm taking my ball too!
nemul

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 06:37:04 AM »
ok, maybe I shouldn't have push it but I was curious why you won't jump at the off chance to get something that you have obviously wanted to have. I won't say you are lacking team sprit or anything like that but just your personal peference. Nothing wrong with that.  :thumbup:
Good luck with your enticement, regentag!!!

Well, It's not that I'm lacking in team spirit or anything, really.

But... as a rule - not a real hard and fast one, just kind of a feeling - I don't participate in raffles/lotteries/bingo etc., excepting those that benefit a charity.  Even in those cases, I like to know my odds going in (as in a state-run lottery or a dice game), or at least prior to the drawing (in this case, that equates to how many tickets were sold). 

To that extent, if the seller could be persuaded to contribute a portion (?) of the net profits (that is, monies collected in excess of his investment in the prizes, administrative overhead and fees, if any) to a charitable organization, or some such worthy cause... I'd be happy to toss some money in the hat.  Of course, that may be entirely out of sync with the seller's motives in raffling it off in the first place - I don't know. 

The majority of the "pay raffles" (i.e. those that are not free) on special-interest websites such as this one that I've seen include such a charity clause.  I cannot dictate the actions of others, nor do I write or enforce the laws of the land... but ethically, I find a charitable "angle" far more palatable, personally.  In addition, there may be some statutory (legal) requirements related to administering and engaging in this type of activity as well, which would be very motivational to the sellers/site owners, explaining why there is frequently such a "charity clause".  I'm not sure on the latter (I'm not a lawyer), but there probably is some connection there.

So there you have it, in a nutshell - Regentag's take on rasffles.  You didn't really ask for it, but all the chatter sort of forced my hand (hey - a gambling metaphor - how appropriate!)  I really didn't want to be a "buzz-killer" to all of you that feel differently, so I decided to just keep quiet and sit it out, with the intention of offering the new owner an opportunity to parlay his $5 or $10 'investment' into something larger.

But nooooooooo!  "Your words are a whisper, my silence a shout" (Paraphrasing Tull)... So there you have it.  Again, these are just my personal feelings on this topic - I'm not preaching, nor do I wish to rain on anyone's parade.

Good luck to all!

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 07:24:54 AM »
... Just not my cup of tea, ya know.  (But I still think making the list public is a must, the charity is optional, but a nice touch).

I don't have all that much fun at the craps table, either - until I get pretty tanked up, then the house gets very happy along with me. 

Hmmmm.  Now there's an idea!  Where is that bottle of XXX....

OTOH - Staying on the sidelines improves the odds for the rest!  You too Nemul, you meanie! :P
///rā'gən·täg

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
Thanks for the comments Regentag - we all thought you would be all over this!

Now this does change things a bit!  Should I buy a ticket or not?

Grumpy, any chance of maintaining a list so we can have an idea of how many tickets we need to buy to have a good chance?  Or a running ticket count? 

Good luck everyone!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »

I will update my first post in this thread (reply #4) with the actual amount of tickets sold that I have already received payment or have received email telling me that payment is on the way via MO or personal check. I will try to update at least once per day.

I would suggest that people that purchase tickets from this point forward post in this thread that they have purchased a ticket.