Author Topic: Exolion Ti CR2 Flashlight - Shipping Completed  (Read 72401 times)

Offline MorpheusT1

• "VIKING"
    • View Profile
Re: Exolion Ti CR2 Flashlight - Interest List
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2006, 10:55:39 AM »
What will the aprox delivery time be?

Still debating on whether i`ll get one or not :D
Looks dazzeling :thumbup:
Any chance of Custom UI`s on this light?
Strobe or S.O.S would be very nice.

Would make a nice replacement for my FF II.

Benny

Offline Paper Lawyer

• VTEC forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2006, 11:08:18 AM »
must resist!

"you will not resist, you need an Exolion Ti CR2.. you will not resist, you need an Exolion Ti CR2.. you will not resist.... " in a hynotic voice..

There's a Chameleon next to me on my work desk which is quivering as it knows that its ti twin is the favoured son and it could be sold off to fund another ti torch ;) :)
Just an AA maglite with nexgen750 sandwich, an Exolion on order and a 3D Maglite waiting to be modded....

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2006, 01:19:06 PM »
must resist!

"you will not resist, you need an Exolion Ti CR2.. you will not resist, you need an Exolion Ti CR2.. you will not resist.... " in a hynotic voice..

I will not resist - I will not resist - I will not resist - especially if you send me one (hee hee).

What *might* put me also over the edge would be a Strobe!  I have been looking for a KC replacement - and I considered the Intelli - but Ti would be nicer.
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2006, 01:20:44 PM »
Oh and as to the current proposed UI I would rather have the 4 step cycle than the 7 - most likely gonna use onlt the standard levels anyway.... (after the gee whiz factor wears off).  Again - a strobe and slow flash mode would be a useful feature though....
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Paper Lawyer

• VTEC forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2006, 01:33:08 PM »
Geo, you and I have had similar thoughts it would appear, the Intelli was also on my list due to its UI.   I've just posted my Chameleon Classic on the For Sale forum so I should have some income to spend (although I'm supposedly mentally applying the money to the Ti 168A tube :D )
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:25:20 PM by Paper Lawyer »
Just an AA maglite with nexgen750 sandwich, an Exolion on order and a 3D Maglite waiting to be modded....

Offline gregw

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2006, 01:53:15 PM »
MorpheusT1 - Delivery date will be approximately 6 weeks after I start taking deposits.  I'll need to evaluate the prototype once I get it.  If all the testing goes well, I could start collecting deposits as soon as 10 days from now.

Geologist and Paper Lawyer - I have a Jil 1.3 with a FluPIC and my problem with it has always been that it is just too complicated.  Once in a while, I would accidentally switch between UIs, and then I would be completely lost and will need to dig up the documentation, just so I can change it to what I want.  In any case, a FluPIC Jil DD sold by goldserve should be a drop in replacement if that is what you want.  You will need to order an extra "Can" to do this since the board that comes with the Exolion will be potted in the Can..   I intend to make extra Cans available for those who want to use other boards.  The reason why I've put in a 2nd round of low, middle, and high, is so that you have a 2nd chance to get to the level you want if you missed it the first time around. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:08:32 PM by gregw »

Offline MorpheusT1

• "VIKING"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2006, 02:36:28 PM »
MorpheusT1 - Delivery date will be approximately 6 weeks after I start taking deposits.  I'll need to evaluate the prototype once I get it.  If all the testing goes well, I could start collecting deposits as soon as 10 days from now.

Geologist and Paper Lawyer - I have a Jil 1.3 with a FluPIC and my problem with it has always been that it is just too complicated.  Once in a while, I would accidentally switch between UIs, and then I would be completely lost and will need to dig up the documentation, just so I can change it to what I want.  In any case, a FluPIC Jil DD sold by goldserve should be a drop in replacement if that is what you want.  You will need to order an extra "Can" to do this since the board that comes with the Exolion will be potted in the Can..   I intend to make extra Cans available for those who want to use other boards.  The reason why I've put in a 2nd round of low, middle, and high, is so that you have a 2nd chance to get to the level you want if you missed it the first time around. 

I am glad you have made the decition to make it simple,i too get lost in the UI`s of the Flupic and POP.Very confusing.
But i do think that adding either S.O.S or Strobe would be a nifty addon to such a nice light.

I have a Custom UI sammie for my FF II with the following settings.

LOW
MEDIUM
HIGH
STROBE

Its what i like to call a NO Nonsense UI,always the same no matter what you had it on last time.
I am very pleased with it,the only thing i dont like is the Medium.
I could easily do with LOW,HIGH,STROBE.

Sorry for highjacking the thread :)
I just wanted to make a point,and maybe i could convince you to do a poll on how the UI should be?
I am sure there are others that have some opinions on this.As long as it is kept simple.

Love your upcoming light BTW!

Oh,
And you can put me on the interest list.
A extra CR123/R123 body would be nice too.

Keep up the good work,
Benny

Offline gregw

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2006, 02:45:46 PM »

Oh,
And you can put me on the interest list.
A extra CR123/R123 body would be nice too.

Keep up the good work,
Benny

Benny, I've assigned you the lowest available number, #25..

Extra bodies will be dependant on interest..  :)

With regards to the UI, I'm going to keep it as it is for now, unless there is a huge clamor to change it.   :D  Personally, I've never found the SOS or the strobe to be of any use...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:47:58 PM by gregw »

Offline MorpheusT1

• "VIKING"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2006, 02:59:08 PM »
Thanks,  :thumbup:

If the Sammies Goldserve makes will fit,then this is a non issue :D
I`ll just order a extra from him.

Have a nice day,
Benny

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »
I am glad you have made the decition to make it simple,i too get lost in the UI`s of the Flupic and POP.Very confusing.
But i do think that adding either S.O.S or Strobe would be a nifty addon to such a nice light.

I have a Custom UI sammie for my FF II with the following settings.

LOW
MEDIUM
HIGH
STROBE

Its what i like to call a NO Nonsense UI,always the same no matter what you had it on last time.
I am very pleased with it,the only thing i dont like is the Medium.
I could easily do with LOW,HIGH,STROBE.

Agreed Whole Heartedly.  Out of curiousity, If you "missed the level" the first go around, could you not just keep pushing to cycle back to whatever level you wanted?

For Example

OFF-LOW-MED-High-Strobe-OFF-Low-Med-High-Strobe-Off-Low-etc

For a light on the keychain my vote would be to replace the "user level" with a strobe - a real irritating Gladius type.  Then If you are using the light say on high to look around - one quick press would go to a strobe mode for an emergency use....

Offline gregw

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2006, 05:20:39 PM »
Well, if I didn't have the 2nd cycle of low, middle and high, you would be at user setting for the middle level on the 4th on/off, then you would be back to low on the 5th on..  For this interface, once you have left the light on at the same level for more than 0.8 seconds, it automatically resets itself so you will start on low after you turn it off, then on again.  The same is true of the interfaces for the FluPIC as well as the POP boards. 

I specifically set middle as the level that can be set by users so that there is at least one level that is RIGHT for everyone.  The problem I have with set levels is that what I consider "high", maybe too bright for some users while not bright enough for other users.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2006, 05:59:48 PM »
Gotcha about going from 1 level to the next - so a running Hi to Stobe would be one click for off and then 4 more clicks to strobe (or what ever level desired).

The main light I am used to is the LC on UI1 - and personally, It doesn't bother me to turn the light off and back on to change the brightness levels.

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2006, 05:51:27 AM »
must resist!

Stephen, don't resist.  This light is going to be fantastic.  And the best part: it's a pre-order that's ON TRACK schedule-wise.

Offline marcspar

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2006, 12:50:01 PM »
I think this is going to be a great little light just as Greg as planned. BUT, since everyone is offering suggestions, I vote for the simplest possible interface that will allow three levels. I would rather have a strobe than user settable levels......but would be fine without either in the interest of k.i.s.s.

Go titanium! :thumbup:

Marc 

Offline gregw

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2006, 05:54:51 PM »
I'm definitely not closed to new ideas, but I'm 99% set as to the specs that I think are most useful to most people...  Since installing a FluPIC on my JIL 1.3W, I have not really used the strobe for anything, except to irritate/show off to my friends, so I've never really considered that to be useful.. What do you guys use the strobe setting for?  As for SOS, I think that's really an overkill...  :)