Author Topic: Food Pictures  (Read 89920 times)

ernsanada

Food Pictures
« on: January 13, 2006, 09:33:21 PM »
Post your favorite foods, Breakfeast, Lunch, Dinner, junk food, and snacks you like to eat.

I had this for lunch today. Combination Plate from Ramona's, 2 Beef Enchiladas, Rice , Beans with a 11" flour tortilla. Cost $3.70 tax included.  :thumbup:

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
Re: Food Pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 09:37:45 PM »
Well, your's makes the third dedicated food thread, along with:
- Anchovies , - Desserts and the unofficial "Randon Pictures- containing food.
At the very least, let's make it a rule to state the full address and telephone number of any established eateries that are featured. Who knows, FF might spin off  a Travel, Leisure & Vice forum !

Offline Slick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:56:46 PM »
OK, I'll bite... 8)

One of my favorite snacks are split Jalapeno peppers, stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in a slice of thin cut bacon secured w/toothpick ->

If you're eating them in a very quiet room, you can almost hear the crackle of your arteries hardening!  ;)
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »
I was going to say the same thing. I'd have to double my anti-cholesterol meds after one of those- but damn I bet it be worth it. That smokey, salty 'porky' flavour of bacon chased by the smooth lipid heaven of cream cheese- juxtaposed against the pipping hot searing experience of Jalapenos. Allow me to suggest a couple of bottles of chilled Coronas to chase those babies down with:thumbup: Gerat picture BTW. Hey did you make those yourself?
OK, I'll bite... 8)

One of my favorite snacks are split Jalapeno peppers, stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in a slice of thin cut bacon secured w/toothpick ->

If you're eating them in a very quiet room, you can almost hear the crackle of your arteries hardening!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:08:01 AM by Aten_Imago »

Offline Slick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 04:40:12 AM »
I was going to say the same thing. I'd have to double my anti-cholesterol meds after one of those- but damn I bet it be worth it. That smokey, salty 'porky' flavour of bacon chased by the smooth lipid heaven of cream cheese- juxtaposed against the pipping hot searing experience of Jalapenos. Allow me to suggest a couple of bottles of chilled Coronas to chase those babies down with:thumbup: Gerat picture BTW. Hey did you make those yourself?
OK, I'll bite... 8)

Thanks and yes I made'm up myself..  They take a bit of time to properly "shell" the Jalapenos, and packing in the cream cheese can be a bit messy - not to mention the bacon wrapping part but they are worth the trouble.  Just be sure and keep the heat nice and low.  A little bit of the cream cheese will ooze out, but they will be very uniform.  The ones in the photo were cooked a little too "hot" (fast) and could have benefited from a little extra time - but hey, I was about 10 beers deep & HUNGRY !

My favorite thing about this snack is that you can make them up in advance (to take camping) and keep them in a Tupperware container then fry them up when you get the serious munchies! 8)

Oh yeah, I amost forgot to mention that you're SPOT on with the Corona suggestion!  Sauza tequilla also makes a wonderfull pre- and post-cursor to "cut the grease!!"  But be warned - you will cook a second batch :drunk:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 04:44:48 AM by Slick »
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 06:07:44 AM »
dang those look good!
nemul

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
  • Too many flashlights, not enough money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 02:10:10 PM »
Mmm, all those sure do look good but like recipes for a heart attack too unfortunately. Well this is what I had for dinner.  ;)

'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.'
Albert Einstein

Offline Somy Nex

• View Profile
    • Beamshots
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 02:35:33 PM »
I love to eat and i love to cook :D here're a few random dishes from my kitchen =)

Breakfast: corned beef hash with eggs over easy

Lunch-ish: salmon-cut steak with black pepper-herb butter. ya that's some salmon on top for good measure =)

Dinner-ish: lemon-parmesean risotto with sugar roasted tomatoes =)

Dessert: berries n cream =)

Wheneverish: lasagna

And to wash it all down, gin martinis. stirred, not shaken :)

i admit i can't beat those bacon wrapped jalepenos though.. will have to try that soon!  :tongue9:  :notworthy:
Macdonaldus Senex fundum habuit. E-I-E-I-O. Et in hot fundo nonnullas boves domesticas habuit. E-I-E-I-O. Cum moo moo hic, et cum moo moo ibi. Hic una moo, ibi una moo, ubique una moo moo. Macdonaldus Senex fundum habuit. E-I-E-I-O

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 03:23:27 PM »
ok EVERYBODY meet at Somy Nex's house for food and cocktails tommorow!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Safety1st

• View Profile
    • K9 Protection
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 03:49:52 PM »
Sometime watching people eat can be intersting...

For example...

Offline Somy Nex

• View Profile
    • Beamshots
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 03:59:30 PM »
Geo: haha =) sure, but i'm now in Malaysia, so any trips to my house will be a bit more expensive and a lot more travel time! ;)

@safety1st  :laughing6: :angel4:
Macdonaldus Senex fundum habuit. E-I-E-I-O. Et in hot fundo nonnullas boves domesticas habuit. E-I-E-I-O. Cum moo moo hic, et cum moo moo ibi. Hic una moo, ibi una moo, ubique una moo moo. Macdonaldus Senex fundum habuit. E-I-E-I-O

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 04:12:17 PM »
I be knocking on your door when I go home next...  :D  Should show them some local food...

Geo: haha =) sure, but i'm now in Malaysia, so any trips to my house will be a bit more expensive and a lot more travel time! ;)

@safety1st  :laughing6: :angel4:

Offline Somy Nex

• View Profile
    • Beamshots
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
ya... Penang is the food center of Malaysia isn't it? =) can get some char koay teow, some nasi kandar, and penang laksa! :D haha =)

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 04:27:18 PM »
Is that Abi???

For example...

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »
I realy miss Brit Humor. Every pic Safety1st put up reminds me of the UK somehow. Sigh! Time to take a trip back I suppose. Please show me pix of real Fish & Chips (doused in malt vinegar) or other typically pub meal  and A pint slopping around in a mug- that'd send me over the top! 

For example...