Author Topic: My "Auntie" is a happy camper  (Read 641 times)

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
My "Auntie" is a happy camper
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:57:51 PM »
I was talking to a coworker about lights and was overheard by another coworker, she is a little old Hawaiian lady who is just as sweet as can be. She went on to tell us that she had a real expensive "Mag-net" 3 cell light [see how sweet and naïve she is] that she really liked, but was heavy and long. Living near the base of the Koolau Mountains in Kaneohe it's very dark…she doesn't even have streetlights yet. She mentioned that she liked the throw of her light to check out her property but hated that it was heavy and every once in a while she had to change the bulb.

So…….what do I do, I went out to my truck and grabbed what I thought would fit her needs, put it in her hands and told her. "Use this for a few days, bring it back and tell me what you think." A couple days passed and when I saw her she told me that she loved it and jokingly asked if she could keep it….she asked how to change to bulb and I told her, "Auntie,  you don't have to change the bulb in this light it’s a LED." That was it she went home and told her son to order one for her. She can't tell me enough about how much she likes it.

I am generally a 1 cell light fan but when I need something bigger with throw and uses regular batteries and has a long runtime........what do I reach for.

I like this light     :D

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
Re: My "Auntie" is a happy camper
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:10:15 AM »
:headbang:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:24:55 AM »
 :laughing7:  Auntie obviously didn't know about the flashlight guru in you, Bill.   :thumbup:

Offline ZENGHOST

• View Profile
    • ZENGHOST.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:12:31 AM »
One of my favs as well.  Almost gave mine away recently but I couldn't bear to part with it either.  Gotta pick up more.
Darrent Williams R.I.P.
Damien Nash R.I.P.