Author Topic: Cree flashlight help  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Hlb2788

• View Profile
Cree flashlight help
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
I am trying to buy a flashlight for my husband for his birthday. I have spent 2 weeks looking online and calling stores but can't seem to get much help. He has a 'wish list' of stuff he wants this flashlight to have/do. I am hoping someone on here can help me find one.
His wish list:
- pocket sized
- pocket clip (either factory attached or sold as an accessory)
- locking tail cap (or side button. Something that won't turn on in his pocket like his current one with button on back)
- rechargeable
- single LED Cree preferred, multi Cree is ok
- at least has a high/low function
- at least 400 lumens

I am looking to spend $100-$150 on a flashlight. And just cannot come up with something. I don't know if I am just searching wrong or what. Any help is much appreciated. If you know of something could you please link it in your reply or give me a model number to search for. Thank you again!

Offline Hlb2788

• View Profile
Re: Cree flashlight help
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:01:54 PM »
Ok. Ive found a couple that might do the trick. Nitecore MH1C 550 lumens rechargeable. Nitecore SRT5 750 lumens not rechargeable. Anyone have any experience with these lights? He wants rechargeable so hes not burning through batteries. Does anyone know the life time of a battery in the SRT5? What about the JetBeam? Any one have any opinions on those? Or how about the Fenix? Please help Thank you!