Author Topic: Fire-Foxes IV (24-40-60 watt) HID For Sale Searchlight GROUP BUY FireFox IV 4  (Read 90767 times)

Offline walterr839

• View Profile
put me on the list

Offline LuxLuthor

• View Profile
Lips, thanks for email.  Interested depending on details.  Have you played with a sample version yet--as the devil is in the details, ballast quality, etc. What was the lumens of the FF3 for comparisons again?  That was an awesome light especially during our 10 day power outage during Hurricane Sandy, and again the heavy snow storm.

Offline ma_sha1

• View Profile
Lips,

Thanks for doing the GB & putting me in  8)

Offline sma

• View Profile
[had already pm'ed, but better here also]

I'm interested,

in two lights. I'd arrange and pay for both, please tag the other interest with "Turbo-Siggi", both us (G)

Thanks'n'cheers!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:57:13 PM by sma »

Offline Chicago X

• View Profile
Hello,

I would like to be added to the interest list; thanks very much for putting this GB together.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
I pm'd all guys that bought FFIII so late tonight after working late I'll clean up list as I've got emails and post to list. Gotta figure out what goes where.

I'll post some thoughts too.

Toppe posted these on CPF and interesting to look at: Labsphere FS2 of FF III vs Polarion PH40

FF III
http://koti.mbnet.fi/gixer/HID/FF3_LabsphereFS2.png

Polarion PH40
http://koti.mbnet.fi/gixer/HID/PH40_LabsphereFS2.png
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline slow2go

• View Profile
Count me in....
regards
Slow2go

Offline aeroflash

• View Profile
I'll take one.

Thanks Lips

Offline JetskiMark

• View Profile
Lips, thank you for the PM.

Decisions, decisions. I have been thinking about the DEFT-X and the Nitecore TM26. I just got a Zebralight S6330 which I really like. Now the Fire-Foxes IV sounds really interesting. I really could use a Spy 007 however. All in different classes, yet all so very appealing.

I'm not sure what I will end up buying, but I am interested.

I suppose a flashaholic should buy all of them. Ah, first world problems.
Regards,
Mark

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
[had already pm'ed, but better here also]

I'm interested,

in two lights. I'd arrange and pay for both, please tag the other interest with "Turbo-Siggi", both us (G)

Thanks'n'cheers!

Hello sma (sven)

can't find PM or Email.

Got you on list with friend. I have two people that are getting lights for friends. Check list in post 2 and see if I have it correct. ersecu is the other that wants light for friend. Hope I'm not getting it all mixed up.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Please check list to see if I made any mistakes...

Add me to the list... Any pics yet of how big?
Specifics yet?

Haven't seen pic yet but suspect it will look similar to FFIII. I believe it will be only 2mm longer. All specs I know for sure in 1st post. I asked for pic and more info but I'm sure he wants to keep it close to vest. Magic fire or others will try and copy so I don't blame him. Its been in the works since before FFIII shipped. A 100w long range hid light was cancelled for now. The 60w super high on FF IV passed test with the 4 battery setup. Part of some feedback I gave on FFIII was for an extension tube so 8 batteries could be used. Don't know if that went anywhere but would be nice, especially at 60w to the bulb.

Lips, thanks for email.  Interested depending on details.  Have you played with a sample version yet--as the devil is in the details, ballast quality, etc. What was the lumens of the FF3 for comparisons again?  That was an awesome light especially during our 10 day power outage during Hurricane Sandy, and again the heavy snow storm.

Thought about you and a few other guys when the storm hit...

FFIII was 4100 lumens out the front certified...  Polarion PH40 certified at around 3000 lumens out the front

FF III
http://koti.mbnet.fi/gixer/HID/FF3_LabsphereFS2.png

Polarion PH40

http://koti.mbnet.fi/gixer/HID/PH40_LabsphereFS2.png

FF IV will be 6000 + out the front!

Haven't seen the light but this is a progression of Shine's lights, FFI - FF4. He's done other lights also. I know he's progressed the ballast as the FFI had problems with immature ballast. Parts were changed out on the FFIII ballast that made it much quieter than pre-production units. Changes were made after the units we did here last time that made FFIII quieter than the ones we got... If I was a buyer I wouldn't be too nervous. (I'm nervous as intermediary) simply because it's a multi-stage ballast giving chance that someone not familiar with HID will simply click-click-click-click from stage to stage till it breaks... I don't think the ballast on this is a total new design so it should be mature... The light is so small there are some compromises on the way it's built. I don't like the way the bulb is mounted as it leaves no way to adjust (easily) and it's not easy for those putting light together to get it exactly right. Very small margin for error to get it perfect... I wouldn't mind a little bigger light with a little bigger/deeper reflector. Faster start-up like the Polarion, that has to come at some point to keep up with the LED searchlights. Probably FF V on faster start-up which will be hard with just 4 batteries... I believe it's going to be a good light and he made some substantial upgrades while holding down the cost. I gotta have it!

Lips,

Thanks for doing the GB & putting me in  8)

Your welcome! You actually reminded me about the light so I got off my butt and checked on things. I lol when I saw your post on the Chinese forum about the Smooth reflector. Thanks for your insights and feedback as they had impact on changes made to the light. I don't have any control but I sure sent allot of emails with feedback to Fire Foxes.

Lips, thank you for the PM.

Decisions, decisions. I have been thinking about the DEFT-X and the Nitecore TM26. I just got a Zebralight S6330 which I really like. Now the Fire-Foxes IV sounds really interesting. I really could use a Spy 007 however. All in different classes, yet all so very appealing.

I'm not sure what I will end up buying, but I am interested.

I suppose a flashaholic should buy all of them. Ah, first world problems.

Man I hear ya. We got the flashlight sickness. With the feature set of the FF IV you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back if you decide to sell it. 24w 40w 60w multi stage switchable ballast HID with SMO reflector safety lockout putting out 6000 + lumens in the size of a beer can that's 1/4 the price of a Polarion. You gotta have it!

Offline Colonel Sanders

• View Profile
Put me on the list please!   :thumbup:

Offline lebox97

• View Profile
I'd be interest in 1 as well..  :)

Offline LuxLuthor

• View Profile
Lips thanks for those links and extra details.  Of course it goes without saying to be on this GB list.  Thanks again for doing it for all of us!

Offline LaserLarry

• View Profile
Thank You. I am in. :)