Author Topic: Fire-Foxes IV (24-40-60 watt) HID For Sale Searchlight GROUP BUY FireFox IV 4  (Read 90766 times)

Offline mofonator

• View Profile
I will Take one.Please add me to the list.

Offline Ginseng

• View Profile
Hello,
I was referred to this GB and I'm interested. Please put me on the list.
Thanks!
Wilkey
Tungsten melts at 6,192F. How hot is your hot wire?

Offline Ginseng

• View Profile
BTW,
What's the intel on how long it takes to drop back to low from continuous medium or high?
Wilkey
Tungsten melts at 6,192F. How hot is your hot wire?

Offline Rovert

• View Profile
Directed here from CPF
Please add me in also

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
List Updated...

BTW,
What's the intel on how long it takes to drop back to low from continuous medium or high?
Wilkey

Not sure yet Wilkey. On the 40w FFIII I've seen times all over the place depending on ambient temps and whether user was walking the dog or running for test purposes... 6 mins 15min etc...  On my unit I only had it kick down to 24w on a test as I rarely ran it for long durations...

20 more watts from the already bright 40w should be a nice pop in power and throw with the SMO reflector. I imagine a nice pop in heat too on super high.
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline TomInOregon

• View Profile
So we know it wil be 2cm longer, is the diameter still going to be the same as FFIII as far as you know? I already have a case ordered with a little bit wiggle room for variance.  Thanks.

Offline BelgianEvo

• View Profile
I would like one to, but i'm located in Europe (Belgium).

Dunno if it's possible to ship it over here.....

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
I would like one to, but i'm located in Europe (Belgium).

Dunno if it's possible to ship it over here.....

On list, no problem
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
UPDATE:

Not sure if this is totally final...

Looks like it's only a tad bit longer than FFIII

FFIII                                         FFIV

Watts                          42w                                         20w  40w  60w

Lumens                       4000+                                     2600  4000+  6000+

Length                        149mm                                    155mm

Head Diameter             70mm                                     75mm

Body Diameter             49mm                                     49mm

Weight
                         420g                                          -

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:50:31 AM by Lips »

Offline xmint

• View Profile
Hi

Nearly April any ETA yet?

Cheers

w

Offline Stereodude

• View Profile
Before I put my name on the list, is there somewhere I can find out more about how the FF4 "protects" unprotected 18650 cells?  Putting multiple unprotected 18650s cells in series gives me serious pause unless it's being handled correctly.  Or can it use protected cells like the Keeppower 3400's that are popular?

Thanks!

Offline Colonel Sanders

• View Profile
I have a FF3 and I can tell you that it shuts down when the voltage gets down to what amounts to about 2.6-2.7v running voltage per cell (the cells bounce back nicely to around 3.3-3.4v if I recall which is good.)  It has no way of knowing what the individual cell's voltage is so it's important that quality like cells be used.  That simply means that new high quality matching cells bought at the same time should be used.

Protected cells can and have been used in the FF3 light by cutting the negative contact springs shorter....not a major operation.  I have not done this but I can see that it would be quick and simple to do.

Offline Stereodude

• View Profile
It has no way of knowing what the individual cell's voltage is so it's important that quality like cells be used.
Hmm, that makes unprotected cells a non-starter for me.

That simply means that new high quality matching cells bought at the same time should be used.
Well, that alone doesn't guarantee matching cells. It just makes it more likely.  You should still measure and match the iR and capacity.

Protected cells can and have been used in the FF3 light by cutting the negative contact springs shorter....not a major operation.  I have not done this but I can see that it would be quick and simple to do.
Will the battery carrier be any larger in the FF4 to provide a little more room for protected cells so the wrappers don't get torn?

Offline Colonel Sanders

• View Profile
"Well, that alone doesn't guarantee matching cells. It just makes it more likely."

I agree 100% and that's why I do my own testing on every cell I buy, but most people won't...so that makes it very important that they buy only the highest quality cells.

Offline Colonel Sanders

• View Profile
"[/b]Will the battery carrier be any larger in the FF4 to provide a little more room for protected cells so the wrappers don't get torn?[/b]"

With the FF3 I didn't find the width to be a problem at all (as was the case with the Magic Scorpion)...only the length and only if you wanted to use protected cells.