Author Topic: Fire-Foxes IV (24-40-60 watt) HID For Sale Searchlight GROUP BUY FireFox IV 4  (Read 112768 times)

Offline walterr839

• View Profile
arrived today
batteries charged
time to go play and compare to FF III and OSTS Tn31 MB

Offline rdrfronty

• View Profile
Got my FF4 into today. Thanks Lips! Nice little light. Packed very well and no issues there. Did a quick test on it in my lightbox and thought others might be curious with my results -
Low(24wt) - 2900 lumens
Med(40wt) - 5225 lumens
High(60wt) - 7010 lumens
Throw(from 15m) - 430k
So pretty impressive numbers. I do find the - one time only high - thing pretty annoying, especially since there is no indicator if its on high. And medium isn't to far behind it, so not so easy to visually tell the difference.
But over all I'm pleased with the light. Performs at or above my expectations. So anybody looking for a powerful little HID - the FF4 is a winner!

Offline Alex1234

• View Profile
Got my FF4 into today. Thanks Lips! Nice little light. Packed very well and no issues there. Did a quick test on it in my lightbox and thought others might be curious with my results -
Low(24wt) - 2900 lumens
Med(40wt) - 5225 lumens
High(60wt) - 7010 lumens
Throw(from 15m) - 430k
So pretty impressive numbers. I do find the - one time only high - thing pretty annoying, especially since there is no indicator if its on high. And medium isn't to far behind it, so not so easy to visually tell the difference.
But over all I'm pleased with the light. Performs at or above my expectations. So anybody looking for a powerful little HID - the FF4 is a winner!

i think i read somewhere you have a vinh modded tn31. How much difference in throw do u see compared to the ff4

Offline rdrfronty

• View Profile
Visually the TN31 that Vinh did looks like it has a much brighter hot spot. That's likely due to the FF4 putting out so much light, its hot spot isn't as noticeable a contrast to its flood vs the 6.5A TN31. Kinda like comparing apples to oranges. Both are impressive, but in very different ways.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
Busy testing and packing up more lights for shipping today!

When I get through with the rush I'm going to take one apart and play with the focus on these. I believe I can push the Lux and Throw some on a test unit...
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline mhemling33

• View Profile
received mine today! I am definitely impressed with it so far. Compared to the FF3 the one that bothers me slightly is the shortened handle area. The FF3 I can grasp my entire hand around the handle while the FF4 I only get three fingers and then my index finger has to go on the step up ledge. This is nothing critical it just makes it feel a little more awkward to me... I'll probably get use to it though. I appreciate all you are doing for us lips! Thanks

Offline Alex1234

• View Profile
Got my shipping notice today. Will most likely be here monday. Going to take beamshot agenst my modded tn 31.

Thanks for keeping us all up to date lips

Offline Taschenlampe Dude

• View Profile
received mine today! I am definitely impressed with it so far. Compared to the FF3 the one that bothers me slightly is the shortened handle area. The FF3 I can grasp my entire hand around the handle while the FF4 I only get three fingers and then my index finger has to go on the step up ledge. This is nothing critical it just makes it feel a little more awkward to me... I'll probably get use to it though. I appreciate all you are doing for us lips! Thanks

I received mine yesterday as well.  Your picture shows the extra space on the FF3 barrel very clearly and I agree with your assessment of the shorter FF4.  I don't have particularly large hands and yet it felt rather front-heavy and just slightly too short (perhaps by 3/8-1/2") for a natural, comfortable grip. 

I took it out for a brief test last night and was very favorable impressed with its performance.  Conditions weren't ideal and there was more light pollution than I would have liked but I think I'm going to like this light a lot.

Offline bigpond1966

• View Profile
Lips, I got my ff4 several days ago.  Nice packaging and a very nice torch!  I am so pleased with it.  A  tk 70 and  75 are the only lights I have to compare it to and it's not even close. (even at 40 w.)  It has been a pleasure doing business with you.
ps. please let me know when you have some spare bulbs in stock, I would love to get a couple. thanks bigpond1966

Offline Jerrycobra

• View Profile
i lust got the light in the mail, the packaging is nice and intact, box is next to undamaged, i will update a bit later when i fire it up

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Welcome fellows and thank you for your business!

Feel free to send any business my way and post your feedback around.

Hopefully we can effect some nice upgrades and improvements on future versions of the Fire Foxes with feedback...
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
More lights available early this week.

Few Pics

FF3 vs FF4

Double O-Rings on FF4

Thinker metal on head FF4

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

Nice beam-shots with 29 lights including FF4. Done by rdrfronty, nice work!

BLF

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/23875

Offline rdrfronty

• View Profile
Yeah I had fun doing those shots. I do admit, the FF4 did impress me. It put out a huge amount of light for a very long distance.
I had doubts about the 430k I had tested mine at last week. But not any more. It got to my 555m target and well beyond.
We had a Yezl 85 wt HID out there too, but the battery pack failed on us. Would have been interesting to compare that big HID to the FF4. I know it would fall short of the FF4 though with the 291k we measured it at.

Offline troisanh

• View Profile
How much for spare lens along with extra bulb shipped Lips?

Since my light and bulb haven't shipped yet.  Thanks again.

Linh