Author Topic: An idea for an alternative LC Holster  (Read 1836 times)

Offline VwDr

• View Profile
An idea for an alternative LC Holster
« on: December 12, 2005, 12:29:23 AM »
I was sitting at my computer and happen to glance down at the content of my pockets that were on the top, when I noticed that my cell phone and the LC were almost exactly the same height. This made me wonder...will it fit in the cell holster?

It didn't...but it was close.

Break out the file and some pliers....and I had an open top Cub caddy. This is definitely not something I'd EDC in my work environment because the poor cub would get all scratched up, but on days when there isn't going to be a lot to do or just an average night out or something it might be kind of fun to use since it shows off the cub and all that shine. :)

One kinda unique advantage to this is that the light has a completely unobstructed beampath out the bottom of the holster, and the holster swivels 90 degrees in either direction....

I didn't feel very comfortable with the thought of having it sitting there out in the open and if something hit it just right the cub could go flying (even though it's a rock solid fit) so I figured I'd include a little insurance policy.

The clip came from a lanyard and is anchored down by some nylon cord that is threaded through 4 tiny holes drilled through the holster. I found that when wanting to use the light it is easiest just to reach down and squeeze the clip off and take the holster off and use the light still in the holster. But, if I want to pull it out just squeeze the clip on top and pop it out of the holster isn't much harder either. Let me know what you think...and be kind, it's my first attempt at anything like this. :)  -J

edit - New photo host used, hopefully the pics will be visible now :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:27:38 AM by VwDr »

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
Re: An idea for an alternative LC Holster
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 01:09:05 AM »
Sounds  like a great concept VwDoc, but...I can't see no pitchers! :dontknow:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline VwDr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 02:00:50 AM »
lol...now that's funny...my first time posting with pics...coulda sworn it was working right..Ah well, will try to fix tonight. :)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:03:41 AM »
A-hah, got it now - so...ya gonna buy a bunch of these holders and drill'em for us? :thumbsup:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline VwDr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 06:02:26 PM »
heh heh....I wouldn't be opposed to it if there were interest...but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to come up with any more of the clip attachments for the top. I had to sacrifice 2 lanyards to make that. :) However, if someone is interested in playing around with the idea, the holster is for a Samsung x426/427/e105...can find them on ebay...I just picked up another one to replace this one. -J