Author Topic: FIRST PICS - Titanium Chameleons  (Read 62856 times)

Offline acusifu

• View Profile
Re: TITANIUM CHAMELEONS - LIMITED EDITIONS
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 07:21:51 AM »
Charlie
1) Any pictures did the bodies come in yet ?
2) I thought you were against Tritium ? Well forget #2 any body pictures ?

Offline Nathan_Rodger

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 08:18:33 AM »
Okay then, shall we start the Lottery Sign-Up thread?  Meaning if you sign up and your name is drawn, you are sure to indeed buy it?

I think I should be able to finagle the price down to - say - $293...naw, make that $288...no - wait (calculator buttons clicking furiously in the background)...okay okay, $279 - plus shipping.  I simply can't do any better than that, not right now.

*edit - Shoot, forgot to add for the tritium vials...:icon_scratch:

Aww heck, we're family, let's make it $275.  But that's FINAL.

$275 Woo hoo Charlie -  :blob10: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9:

I'm already there :) Now I guess I've got to ask - where is "there"?

Cheers, Nathan.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 09:52:41 AM by Nathan_Rodger »

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005, 08:37:27 AM »
why don't you assume everyone that was on the sighup list for the chammie will be in the draw unless they specifically say they are not interested. I am sure there is enough time for people to notice this thread and respond. Or send an email to everyone in the sighup list mentioning that they need to reply if they are not interested in this...

Personally I haven't started on my shelf queen collection yet... Maybe this would be a good start... ;) ;) ;)

Offline 3rd_shift

• Bedtime at sunrise! ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 08:48:04 AM »
Charlie, those are going to go FAST!

I would offer to trade you Lioncub #50 black for one if I hadn't upgraded it to a UWOK bin led. :P
plantruler@hotmail.com
is my email and paypal address. :)
Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight. ;)

Offline Nathan_Rodger

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 09:39:53 AM »
greenie -
That is an easy solution - but that assumes that 170+ people who are already paying $153 plus accessories - would ALL be willing to fork over $275. Some may not be able to afford them - and for whatever reason they may not log on during the period of being able to say "no - thanks" - if these people "win" and they don't want them - then there is obviously the issue of redraws. We don't want the extra "noise" distracting us from the signal....

If however we take the eligible entrants, and have a voluntary sign up list - people who want the and say "Yep I want one, I'll pay $275" Then the signal is purer.... Yeah circumstances may change even with this list - however the chances are lower...

Anyway - thats my 2c

Cheers, Nathan.

Offline kukula

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005, 09:44:15 AM »
I agree with you Nathan.  And with the Christmas season fast approaching,  I am sure everyone will have different priorities.  I do believe that a sign up list would be needed.  By signing up to the thread, it confirms that the person is willing and able to pay for the Ti if he wins the raffle

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 09:56:39 AM »
Charlie
1) Any pictures did the bodies come in yet ?
2) I thought you were against Tritium ? Well forget #2 any body pictures ?

Hi Doc!

1) Machining of only the control modules (center body component) has begun so there are no pics yet.  But looking at a Ti-Cub would give an idea of the color and finish which should be close, if not identical.

2) I am normally not a fan of tritium marking on "normal" lights (EDCs) because it may be required that they are used in an undetectable manner, but this is a special run of an admittedly "boutique" flashlight where I wanted to offer more differentiation than just the titanium body material.  I could always leave the vial out of yours if you win (haw!)...:evil6:

Nate, "where is there"?  Hmmm, even I don't know yet - but most likely a lottery as it appears now.

flashgreenie, although there is no way to ensure that people who get a chance at one will necessarily keep it and not sell it off That soon (and presumably for a better price than they paid), setting things up to help increase the odds for those who unquestionably Want one - indicated by their overt act of actually signing up for it on a public list - heightens the likelihood that these Ti-Chams will be retained and appreciated by the original owners, which is something I absolutely and clearly wish to occur.

3rd, certainly appreciate the offer, but there can be no trades accepted...;)
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Nathan_Rodger

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 10:33:53 AM »
So we have one "list" that , depending on the number of participants will either:

a) just the right number of people to allow all the lights sold
or if more people sign up than lights available - then it will take the next option and
b) evolve into a lottery

Easier that way as its only one list - set the conditions out up front and everyone knows whats what.... Set a time limit for the list to end... Ascertain whether a) or b) and if b) draw lottery...

Done :D

Cheers, Nathan.

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2005, 10:45:34 AM »
Amazing stuff.. I will most certainly be watching!
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2005, 11:14:06 AM »
well, there is no way you going to be able to ensure the lucky person who manage to get one of these from trying to make a buck by reselling it again.
Either way you do it is fine by me. It depends if you want to give peference to people on the chammie sigh up list(maybe the first 100 ,since I am 100 on the list  ;)  :P) which are more likely to keep it(good assumption???) or just open up to a general signup list and a lottery.
Point is you indicate you would prefer people who will keep it to get these so how to ensure the probability of that happening???
a general signup or peference to people on the chammie signup list first??? :popcorn: :angel9:

ernsanada

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2005, 11:49:23 AM »
Okay then, shall we start the Lottery Sign-Up thread?  Meaning if you sign up and your name is drawn, you are sure to indeed buy it?

I think I should be able to finagle the price down to - say - $293...naw, make that $288...no - wait (calculator buttons clicking furiously in the background)...okay okay, $279 - plus shipping.  I simply can't do any better than that, not right now.

*edit - Shoot, forgot to add for the tritium vials...:icon_scratch:

Aww heck, we're family, let's make it $275.  But that's FINAL.

Wow! That is an excellent price!    :thumbup:

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2005, 12:10:50 PM »
Upon thinking about it, I agree with Readerbob.  Give the chances at an "option to buy" to the Chameleon purchasers via the list.  Draw the numbers, if anyone declines, draw another number.  If the winners wish to buy the light and sell it later, then that is their option. 

IF Mr. B wants to offer ONE $/ticket raffle, and Bill has too much going on,  then I will be glad to do the admin work.

Geo
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2005, 12:28:33 PM »
Nah, I think Charlie oughta do it with a specific sign-up.  If you sign the thread and your name gets called, you are willing/able to fork over the dough immediately.

Offline Shade

• []D [] []\/[] []D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2005, 01:06:40 PM »
Yeah you cant pick people without knowing if they or in or not, that reissuing a number or TI back into the raffle will cause major headaches.

See who qualifies to be in, then do the sign up, then close  the chance to enter, then pick the winners

Only if someone fails to pay in the specified time would a TI Cham be reenetered

A minimum post really doest work because many peeps on the Chammie list are first timers as well , but that doesnt mean they dont appreciate Bulkies lights.

Unfortunatly I dont think you can base entry on the love for the site, however you can request respect for the rules IE not selling the light right away for a profit right infront of all us true fans and whatever else the management decides is fair play etc

You gain the option to put in to be in the raffle by being on the original Chammie list, and then by being a regular at the site is a good idea but then you wouldnt need to do the raffle at all because I can name the twelve people that the raffle would include and we wouldnt need the raffle...me being number one of course

Also I hate to say it but opening the raffle up to all that sign up, I mean the more the merrier for the site, because making new friends and having a nice crowd aint a bad thing.

There should defiantly be atleat one TI Cham that is open to anyone who signs up even if they didnt buy a Chammie just to generate interest in the site.

One good idea is to "hide" things that can only be found in say 5 different threads throughout the site. Find all five treasure hunt phrases or something etc and then yiur entered in the anything goes TI Chammie no matter who you are.

that forces even newbies to search the site and would draw more members to sign up for a chance at one nice pieice of gear

But again that would only be for one of them
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:10:20 PM by Shade »
I've come to chew bubble gum and kick flashlights....and I'm all out of bubble gum

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 02:00:16 PM »
Sign me up. I'll be out of town for a couple of days with no e-mail access  :'( , so please give the list a few days before closing, or someone sign me up!

Charlie has spoken, and as I said earlier, I think we need to go with his idea. He's da MAN! :notworthy:

Now, the BIG problem is deciding what flashlights to take with me!!

--Bob