Author Topic: FIRST PICS - Titanium Chameleons  (Read 62808 times)

Offline Nathan_Rodger

• View Profile
Re: TITANIUM CHAMELEONS - LIMITED EDITIONS
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 01:35:49 AM »
Bob, that does sound fair. Why? Well as has been said before - lets go by the Chameleon list. It was up forever; and ALL had an opportunity to grab one (no limit set by Charlie). As such consider that there wouldn't be a Ti-Cham - without the Cham! So everyone had the opportunity to buy a Cham - and those who did now have the option to be in a lottery to buy a "exclusive" variant. So what if it wasn't thought of back then??!!! This allows for the "natural selection" to already be built into the T's and C's of the lottery.

I know that setting Cham listing as a pre-requistite does cut down potential Ti-Cham lottery entrants to a max of 170 (ish) people - but hey - lets say there is 12 of these to be had.... That's less than 10% of the list who have to say "yes" to sell these....

I think the majority should be lotteried this way.... However I do like the idea of auctioning a small number (even 1 or 2) for funding flashlight-forums.com though. This means that we - as a community really do contribute to the site we love!!

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 02:29:40 AM »
Actually if there are only the same number of interested people as Ti-Chams, then there is no need for a lottery.  That would be simplest.

What I want to avoid is putting EVERYONE in it without knowing whether they even want or are able to splash out that kind of dollar figure for a light of Any kind - because if not and I happen draw their names, and then they now have to decide whether they want it - or if someone they know might want it - or perhaps one of the non-selected people now contact them privately wanting to buy it - or perhaps it is someone who didn't buy a Chameleon or who doesn't even know about or come to our forum who is now trying to convince them to accept it so this person can now offer to buy it for more - then it defeats the entire purpose and intent of what I am trying to accomplish, of providing to those who liked and bought a Chameleon in the first place, the opportunity to own a limited edition that will be much more unique and likely to become more sought after later.

I want to avoid the situation where this is viewed as an opportunity to "cash in" - I would like to make them available to those who want to actually Own a second light in the Ti-Cham, to keep and use and brandish and clean and fondle and shelf-queenize and post their experiences about - That is the kind of home I would hope my Ti babies end up in.

So a list of people who would indeed fulfill and enjoy the opportunity if selected would be the most fitting and proper.  Also the drawing becomes that much more exciting as the chances of owning one are that much more likely due to the smaller number of candidates.

So am I rambling now...or clearing things up? :icon_scratch:

Anyway if there turns out to be too much controversy surrounding this (as I am afraid it is tilting toward, perhaps just a little), then I may need to just put up a first-paid, first-sold notification thread when the Ti-Chams become ready, maybe post one at noon for half of the lights, then one more at midnight for the other half, to ensure more people in more time zones have a shot at seeing it - hey now, There's an idea...:thinking:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Nedtheshred

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 02:36:13 AM »
Hi Charlie,
I'd love one:-)
Ned

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 03:04:27 AM »
I can sure understand Charlie's desire to get the Ti-Chams for folks who will appreciate them. It might be interesting to see who might be interested in being in a lottery. It may be fewer than you think. If you spend $250-ish for the Chammie and then need to drop another $300-ish right after, it may be that not too many people could swing it.

Anyway, outside of social pressure (you know we'll know), it would be hard to enforce the "Keep and enjoy" intention.

Charlie, whatever you do, some people will love it and some won't. Just go by your heart and do what you think best. The people who don't love it will get over it!

--Bob

Offline dhutcheson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 03:10:52 AM »
Count me in on any chance for me to get a Ti Cham!
KI-LE, KI-T-CR, Raw CR2 Ti, McLux PD III, TNC-N, SF A2-HA-RD, SF E2E, SF 6P,SF G2, Aspherilux 125, LionHeart,LionCub, EternaLight Marine, Peak AAA, ARC AAA.  *Coming Soon

Offline MSaxatilus

• The big yellow one is the sun!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 03:27:13 AM »
agreed.
SPY!!, 27LT XX1T, Ti McLux III & PD, Icarius' Aleph III Tri & Quad Lux, Splash anodized Aleph II, 2C Monster Quads by 3rd Shift, Surefire M6R, WXOS U2 w/ Tailguard, Milky L1, M180, M180-M3, Chop modified L4, ArcMania Modded Lux III L4, M4-on-Steroids!, HD45 XX1T & UXIJ

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 03:38:34 AM »
I can sure understand Charlie's desire to get the Ti-Chams for folks who will appreciate them. It might be interesting to see who might be interested in being in a lottery. It may be fewer than you think. If you spend $250-ish for the Chammie and then need to drop another $300-ish right after, it may be that not too many people could swing it.

Anyway, outside of social pressure (you know we'll know), it would be hard to enforce the "Keep and enjoy" intention.

Charlie, whatever you do, some people will love it and some won't. Just go by your heart and do what you think best. The people who don't love it will get over it!

--Bob

OK, I promise to keep it and enjoy it.  So feel free to ship it along any time Charlie.  You have my address.   :laughing7:

Offline wallyrulz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 03:54:52 AM »
I learned a new word today.  "Shelf-queenize"  Okay, so it's two, but it's still new.   :thumbup:

There are some on the Chammie list who do not frequent ff but only came over on a down day, saw the list and signed up.  I suspect some of them have bought only with the intention of selling.  Just a thought ...

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 03:59:42 AM »
I learned a new word today.  "Shelf-queenize"  Okay, so it's two, but it's still new.   :thumbup:

There are some on the Chammie list who do not frequent ff but only came over on a down day, saw the list and signed up.  I suspect some of them have bought only with the intention of selling.  Just a thought ...

So you're saying that we should keep it to those who actually hang out - and have been hanging out - here for several weeks?  I'm obviously cool with that, but it'd be too hard to determine who's who.

Offline kukula

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 04:08:50 AM »

So you're saying that we should keep it to those who actually hang out - and have been hanging out - here for several weeks?  I'm obviously cool with that, but it'd be too hard to determine who's who.

I second...errr third that opinion!  It should be made available to those who hang out and part of our close knit family here at FF  :love4: :love4: :love4:

Offline Nathan_Rodger

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 04:20:33 AM »
Actually if there are only the same number of interested people as Ti-Chams, then there is no need for a lottery.  That would be simplest.

Agreed - well As a qualifier - I'm in the original Cham listing - and I want one....

So if that means:
a) as I put up my hand here and now, I get one - then cool....
or
b) a lottery - then cool

I would like to make them available to those who want to actually Own a second light in the Ti-Cham, to keep and use and brandish and clean and fondle and shelf-queenize and post their experiences about - That is the kind of home I would hope my Ti babies end up in.

Hmmm fondling my Cham - In short I'm keen as mustard!!! The above description is me!!!

I do agree that if these are complete and ready for payment/shipping hot on the heels of the std-Cham - then it will make it a little more difficult to afford; but thems the breaks I guess....

So do it the fairest way you see fit Charlie - lets not make this political or emotiional

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 04:21:55 AM »

we are family
nemul

Offline Nathan_Rodger

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 04:23:56 AM »
Ok - lets get a "little" emotional...

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 06:39:20 AM »
Okay then, shall we start the Lottery Sign-Up thread?  Meaning if you sign up and your name is drawn, you are sure to indeed buy it?

I think I should be able to finagle the price down to - say - $293...naw, make that $288...no - wait (calculator buttons clicking furiously in the background)...okay okay, $279 - plus shipping.  I simply can't do any better than that, not right now.

*edit - Shoot, forgot to add for the tritium vials...:icon_scratch:

Aww heck, we're family, let's make it $275.  But that's FINAL.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 06:41:52 AM by MR Bulk »
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline kukula

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 06:44:59 AM »
Gee!  Thats a steal!  PayPal on the ready  :P