Author Topic: Time online  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • If I only had a brain...
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
Time online
« on: July 17, 2005, 04:25:17 AM »
Oh boy :P This thing tracks your time online.  Now you will KNOW how much time you spend.  hehe

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
Re: Time online
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:34:28 AM »
Hey I didn't look yet but can you set the time here to our own HST zone?  Is it in the "Profile" section?
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 06:39:25 AM »
set -3 time offset

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 06:43:50 AM »
Ahhh...thanks.
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 07:32:56 PM »
In addition, the time is actually accurate.  How refreshing!

Offline diggdug13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 07:51:06 PM »
Hey I didn't look yet but can you set the time here to our own HST zone?  Is it in the "Profile" section?

yep!!
I changed my time to plus 9 hours...  mine is accurate
A flashlight on the shelf collects dust; A flashlight in the hand collects darkness.

Offline Sinjz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 10:25:53 PM »
Cool, it can automatically detect how much to offest. :) And it's accurate. On CPF, I was using an offset of .86 or something to get reasonablly close to the actualy time.  :P

Offline StevieRay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 10:39:49 PM »
Cool, it can automatically detect how much to offest. :) And it's accurate. On CPF, I was using an offset of .86 or something to get reasonablly close to the actualy time.  :P

After prodding "The Wench" several times over the past couple of years, she reluctantly agreed to finally fix it as of a couple of weeks ago. She of course blamed it on the "server dudes."

Offline Likebright

• ----EDC----
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 11:23:33 PM »
Yes, I just put my offset in and "WaLaa"  all the times are correct as to when they've been posted.
Thankyou,
Mike 8)
DH / Peak Ti Baltic / Chame. / LH / LC x 2 +Lh / Arc4+ / LSH Twisty / AA / AAA / SN-II / PocketMate W / L3 / (O-dr.) TryStar Phazer / 4 C cell regu. M@g TWOJed x 2 / Tiablo A8 x 2 / WiseLed Tac.1500 / OLight Q5 / LumaHunter M1-R

Offline justsomeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 11:59:09 PM »
Hi Y'all :),

The time online feature may be deceptive.  I am on high speed cable.  My computer is NEVER offline.  I just get up and walk away from it when I want.

justsomeguy

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 12:08:21 AM »
It

The time online feature may be deceptive.  I am on high speed cable.  My computer is NEVER offline.  I just get up and walk away from it when I want.

justsomeguy

It doesn't monitor the time when you are afk.  It only logs an amount of time as you are actively requesting pages.

Offline justsomeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 12:17:18 AM »
Thank you very much for the clarification....I learn a little more every day.....eventually all that knowlege will die.....and me. :'(

justsomeguy

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 01:24:36 PM »
It

justsomeguy

It doesn't monitor the time when you are afk.  It only logs an amount of time as you are actively requesting pages.

Well, either way it's shocking.  I see that I've spent over two days here already.  That's some serious time.  Sheesh. :tard:

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 03:31:05 PM »

phew, I was hoping NOT to find out how much time I spend here :D   but then again, considering how little I actually get done (thanks to 'middle management' limitations) in a day, who knows.. it might be more productive here, but we will not go into that :P

As a 'server guy' myself, I usually set up the Network Time Protocol (NTP) system when I first deploy a server. Then the server will automatically synchronize its clock to a time server I designate. The US Naval Observatory (keepers of GPS time and NATO time) have kindly provided publicly-accessible time servers that I can sync to, hence the clock is never 'wrong'. Handsfree, too.. yeah I'm a lazy one  8)
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline DavidR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 07:44:49 PM »
My time online has gotten embarrasing...but some of you guys have spent days online. Is this due to a program you have that refreshes the site or have you actually spent days infront of MBF already?